Documenting the World Wide Web, one webpage at a time.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Comment moderation enabled to reduce spam commenting

Sorry, guys. I've been spammed on this blog so have enabled the comment moderation temporarily. I do have the word verification feature set up but it appears someone is doing it manually. What I have been able to figure out from my stats is that someone from Manila is searching Google for posts on blogspot with 0 comments, and then manually posting. I have the person's IP address and have submitted it to Blogger:

210.5.97.46.pldt.net (Ipg)
Manila, Quezon City, Philippines, 0 returning visits

I will keep an eye out since this person possibly doesn't always post from the same IP (210.5.97.46). I'm hoping to take the comment moderation off once this dies down.

I'm not removing those spam comments just yet in case they help track whomever is doing it down; however, I encourage you NOT to click through on the ads in the comments.

Please....I do encourage all of you REAL commenters to continue leaving your messages.

Cheers,
Connie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home